Sunday, February 26, 2012

TEMPLES IN SECUNDERABAD-HYDERABAD


Dear All

Namaste.

In my last Blog entry I concluded that I would be meeting you all after visiting Yadigirigutta – Sri Lakshminarasimha Temple.  But could not make it though I had planned to visit there due to ongoing Brahmotsavam – well-wishers from Hyderabad advised me not to venture during the festival.  I really missed the darshan of Swamy’s Jaganmohini Alankaram [do not dream of Vittalachari’s Jaganmohini].

But not to waste the day, with my ever-loving pillion rider of sahadharmacharini, planned to visit some of the temples in Secunderabad-Hyderabad.


SRI TADBUND VEERANJANEYA SWAMY DEVASTHANAM  located in the road connecting Bowenpally and Sikhvillage in Secunderabad.

The main deity is Veera Anjaneya in swayambu form [self existent] on the sacred rock.  The temple if very spacious with marble flooring.  Also has sannadhis for Lord Ganesh and Shiva and also Navagraham.

For the first time in my life I saw a Ushtra(उष्ट्र) [Camel] housed opposite to Anjaneya Sannadhi near Dwajasthambam  [also seen like this in Shyam Temple opposite to Kacheguda Railwaystation].  But I churned my little brain but in vain to fix this.  On return to room googled and above all talked to my Pithashri, who in his own style replied “sarthanda, sarthan…. atleast in Mahabharath there is a reference to Camel, but no such reference in Ramayana.  When Anjaneya himself can travel and high speed, there is no need for him to have a special Vahana.

The custom in this temple is after darshan and pradhaksihnam [perambulation] one has to go out through the back door [as we visited during morning session, we were given sumptuous quantity of steaming hot ven-pongal, chanting Jai Sri Ram].




SRI UJJAINI MAHAKALIMATHA DEVASTHANAM à located in General Bazaar, Secunderabad.  The history of the temple can be read in http://sriujjainimahakalimatha.org/abouttemple.php

Though the temple is small in size it attracts good crowd.  Opposite to the main deity MAHAKALI a small shrine having replica of the main deity, in front of which ladies were lighting lamps in the lemon shells and offering pongal.  There was also a goat ready for sacrifice.  In the upper platform, idols of Simhavahini and Muneeswar are available.




Opposite to this temple across the road, is SRI MAHAKALESHWAR SHRINE with dhara pouring continuously.




SRI UGRA NARASIMHA SWAMY DEVALAYAM RP Road, Secunderabad à though small seems to be famous.  When you visit the temple, without fail keep your bag/helmet outside so that the pandit does not get ugram. 




SHRI VENKATESHWARASWAMY DEVASTHNAM [CHIKKADPALLI] which is the nano version of Tirumala Temple – Kalyana Utsavam was going on – Hundi similar to that of Tirumala –Tonsure Offering Section.  Availability of Lingam and Navagraham [with hanuman] is addition.   

Near the place where I parked my bike, I could see the base of a tree looking like the feet of an elephant [check yourself in the pic].





SRI KANCHI KAMA KOTI PEETHAM SRI SHYAM MANDIR [a small hillock opp.to Kacheguda Railway Station]

          This place is known as VEERANNA GUTTA for the locals has Shrines of Lord Krishna, Anjaneya, Shiva, Ganesh, Veerabhadhra, Navagraha and Naga Devatha.

          Though number of steps are less from road to the first level, to facilitate Senior Citizens there is a lift [I availed the facility too though I am not SC, as I had SC with me].  








After darshans in all these temples, visited Shri Chincholi Sarvotham Rao [85yrs], one of the senior most netted bandhams I have.  We know each other through two different Yahoogroups since 2006. Could meet him briefly on 4th Dec 2011.  He is from the first batch of Indian Forest Service and after retirement worked as consultant, still sought after by environmentalists. I could see the joy and happiness flowing from his eyes when he briefed us of his service expereinces and above all to receive Athithis, in the form of Rajen Babu – Cheenu, sight which I felt as icing on the cake for the day.  After devouring sweet, mixture, buttermilk and juice, we bid adieu to Shri Rao and left his house with load of his blessings.




Bye, Bye…….

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Cheenu you made the week begining this Monday a great day viewing the sacred temples thru your mail.Thank you once again

kvshastri

gANOVASAN said...

thou art doing a great job!

vyasamoorthy said...

Useful and informative posts. I had visited Tadbund Hanuman Temple a few times but have not seen any camel.

Unknown said...

Very informative Thanks for the dharshan

Unknown said...

Thank you Cheenu. Your daily greetings are really wonderful. I miss you very much since I have not seen for more than 15 years. Vasanth Singh.

Venkat said...

Good information about tadbund hanuman temple